Here’s a list of my favorite places online to find guitar news/info.
- The best place for guitar tabs by far is http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/. They have pretty much everything you could want. They also have this new interactive tabs thing that lets you play along to songs.
- www.911tabs.com is a good search engine for tabs too. They will aggregate lots of sites so if you can’t find a tab, you can just go here. Some of the interface is annoying though.
- Justin Guitar has awesome free lessons. This dude is awesome. He basically will take you though pretty much everything you need to know, and it’s all free.
- For paid lessons, you can check out jamplay. They probably have the most high quality lessons I’ve seen online.
- I like Ultimate Guitar
- or www.guitarworld.com - This is a huge guitar magazine I’ve been reading since I was young.
- or www.guitarspark.com - Pretty much everything is here, from lessons, to reviews, to news, whatever you want. They have some pretty funny videos too.
Have any resources to recommend? Leave them in the comments!
Hey everyone and welcome to my site.
My name is Jonathon and I wanted to give you a quick history of why I started this site and what it’s all about. You see, back in the day I really wanted to learn music. The problem was that I didn’t have a lot of money or time. So I started trying to learn any way that I could. I borrowed my neighbors guitar (his name is Steve…. love that guy) and I got to work. The problem is, this is before the age of the internet so I didn’t have all the resources that are available today. I started learning with BOOKS, yes, regular books.
The books were pretty painstaking since I didn’t have any kind of visual aid (DVDs, videos, etc). It was really hard for me to get started, and I got really frustrated. That’s when I decided to try something new and I set out to find myself a guitar teacher.
I found a local teacher and he started me out learning power chords. I remember the first song that I learned was Louie Louie. When I first played it, I couldn’t believe it. I had finally played my first song! All that time struggling was such a pain. But that’s what began my journey.
That leads me to today. I wanted to start this site to help others find the resources that I never had growing up. There is so much online now. You can get started with this wikipedia article on guitar chords and I’ll be back with more info later. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_chord